Right for this weeks top 10 we bring you our most cherished football anthems, Countdown please.
10. Collapsed Lung – Eat my Goal - A one-hit wonder for this Indie band. Used in Coca Cola’s classic – Football Eat, Sleep, Drink ad and also on LMA Manager 2001.
9. Match of the Day theme tune - A timeless classic. We all know once we hear the first this song it calls for silence in the room.
8. Al Hoffman, Dick Manning, and Bix Reichner – Papa loves mambo – The best-known version of this song was recorded by Perry Como on August 31, 1954.You will remember this fitting the samba mood in the Brazil vs. Portugal Nike ad.
7. Chumbawamba- Tubthumping - A song for all those lager louts out there. “I get knocked down, but i get up again”. It was even used in the Official EA World Cup 1998 game.
6. Belle and Spurling – Sven, Sven, Sven -Terrible and brilliant at the same time. These jokers, also responsible for the awful ‘golden balls song’, wrote this to gloat further about that 5-1 victory that you may have probably heard of.
5. Bellini – Samba De Janeiro - This song is classic samba. Capturing the Brazilian flair so regularly associated with football. It is rare not to hear this blasted on the PA systems at most grounds around the world.
4. The Anfield Rap - The cheesy tune of the list. I’m sure like me your scratching your heads discontented at the fact that Barnes’ rap career never took off.
3. Fat Les – Vindaloo – Were gunna score one more that you! – On the list na, na, na.
2. New Order – World In Motion - Good band – check. A World Cup England is in - check, Barnes on the mic again – check,check and check. “There’s only one way to beat them, it’s round the back!” – Such wise words.
1. Lightning Seeds – Three Lions 96/98 – I’m not even going to justify its place. The definitive football song. END OF.