Well well, who’d have thought it eh. Deadline day was actually really interesting with probably the teams coming out the best being Birmingham and Stoke. Sunderland smashed their record transfer fee and Spurs might just have signed a Dutch superstar…
The one’s that stood out…
- Ghana star and penalty misser Asamoah Gyan signed for Sunderland for apparently just over £13 million.
- Rafael Van der Vaart has possibly signed for Tottenham in an £8 million move, with Spurs hoping they submitted the relevant paperwork in time to close this deal.
- Stoke snap up Gudjohnsen and Jermaine Pennant on loans, as well as Pompey defender Marc Wilson in a cash plus players move. Some real talent moving in at the Britannia and one of my favourite natural wingers Pennant back in England.
- Birmingham snapped up centre half Jiranek, ex-Arsenal star Hleb and Chilean winger Beausejour, adding real quality to their squad.
- A strange one with Joseph Yobo leaving Everton for Fenerbahce on loan. I thought he was worth keeping? But I guess Moyes knows best.
- Robinho left Man City to join AC Milan for £22 million. It leaves the Rossoneri with one of the most fearsome attack line ups in the world, Ibrahimovic, Pato, Robinho and Ronaldinho.
- Harry Redknapp for some reason has still not gotten over his somewhat irrational hatred of Heurelho Gomes and brought in Croatian goalie Stipe Pletikosa for Spurs.
DJ Campbell signed for the three-siders (Blackpool) and Wigan signed starlets Cleverley and Di Santo to round up the major signings from a rather interesting deadline day…