Its a given isn’t it - surely Messi, the bookies favourite, is going to take home the Ballon d’Or for the second year running?
- As this video shows, he scored three hat tricks in a week – (10 in total)
- Last season he scored 47 goals in 53 games
- This season he has already scored 27 goals in 23 games (17 in 14 just in the League)
- He has scored 55 goals in the 2010 alone
- He broke his own record this season by scoring in 10 consecutive games
- The record ended when Barca bear Real Madrid 5-0…he still ran the show with two fantastic assists
- As for assists, Messi already has 15 this season, one more than last year
- He will still be 23 when this season ends
- He has already scored 105 goals in the La Liga
- He won almost every individual award last year including: FIFA pro player of the year, World Player of the Year, European footballer of the Year, World Soccer player of the year e.t.c
- but…he did not impress in the World Cup, nor did he come back to training in September with a medal round his neck unlike Xavi and Iniesta. A spanner in the works?